Recommended
After hanging from a plane in mid-flight, skydiving on a motorcycle, or climbing the tallest building in the world, Tom Cruise asserts that he had never done anything like 'Digger', the next film by Mexican director Alejandro González Iñárritu, whose first trailer was revealed this Monday.
"I had never had a project that challenged me in this way, nor a director like Alejandro. When we embarked on the project, neither of us had experienced anything like this," Cruise said during the presentation of the preview to the media at Warner Bros. studios, which was attended by EFE.
The trailer shows a nearly unrecognizable Cruise, with very little white hair on his head, a belly, and cradling a peculiar old cat in the role of Digger, a tycoon whose company apparently causes an ecological disaster that he will have to solve himself.
Sometimes in cowboy boots and a hat, and other times in silk pajamas wandering through an extravagant house with a mirror framed with deer antlers and animal skin rugs, Digger appears throwing insults and reproaches at his employees as chaos unleashes around him.
"Digger has really messed up, and he's going to have to get us out of this," John Goodman is heard saying in the role of a US president, as catastrophic images of massive ice masses collapsing, fires, and alerts about a possible nuclear war are interspersed.

Known for performing his own stunts and for being one of the biggest stars in the industry, Cruise ensured that in this film he was able to use "all the different skills that I developed over the years."
"There is nothing better than standing, physically and metaphorically, on the edge of a precipice and saying: 'Let's do it. I trust you, and whatever it is we are going to do, I know it's going to be an incredible experience," Cruise noted.
The film marks Iñárritu's return to cinema since 'Bardo' (2022) and is also his first collaboration with Cruise, who affirmed that he had been wanting to work with the director for decades.
The actor recalled the impact it had on him to see 'Amores perros', Iñárritu's directorial debut, for the first time 25 years ago, and praised the "level of skill" and the risk he took in that film.
Although Iñárritu was not present, the filmmaker sent a video message in which he assured that 'Digger' needed Cruise as obviously "as asking why you drink water when you are thirsty."
The Mexican added that, like Cruise, it took his entire career to reach the moment of making a film like this.
"We both knew that, throughout our careers, we had never done anything even similar to this. Making this film required everything I had. I had never prepared a project with this level of precision," said the four-time competitive Oscar winner for films like 'Birdman' (2014) and 'The Revenant' (2015).
"I think we both know what it means to condense an entire career into a single moment like this," he added.
The director is currently in London working on the sound mix for the film, which will hit theaters on October 26 and also features Emmanuel 'El Chivo' Lubezki as director of photography.
The preview also includes the first images of Sandra Hüller and Riz Ahmed in what they describe as "a comedy of catastrophic proportions."
[Publicidad]








